I am a Good Cook Kitchen Expert and was sent these kitchen tools free of charge but all opinions are my own.
I am currently on a diet….blah! So the last thing I get to think about is comfort food. But I spruced up one of my old recipes to make it a lower calorie dinner but still comforting. In my house, nothing says comfort like pasta and if you throw in a little sausage and cheese, that speaks right to my heart! Plus this is a one pot meal. Everything you need for an entire dinner is right in one pot so less clean up!
I used whole wheat pasta, turkey sausage and low sodium chicken broth but if your not dieting like I am, you can go for the pork sausage or white pasta. I just love this recipe because it’s comfort food that meets healthy since there are a lot of vegetable thrown in.
But let’s be honest, probably my favorite thing about this dish is you can cook it up in under 20 minutes and it’s hearty enough to be your entire meal. 1 pot, 1 mess, 1 cleanup.
Plus I was sent some Good Cook kitchen tools to help me with this dish and they did not disappoint! This dish made for the perfect night combining comfort and convince with the help of Good Cook kitchen tools.
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 pound sausage (I used turkey but you can use pork too)
- 10-15 basil leaves
- minced garlic
- 1 box of linguine pasta (I used whole wheat but you can use white)
- 1 t seasonings (I used cajun)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and slice up the onion. Cut Asapargus in quarters and slice up sausage.
- Put broth in pot and dump all ingredients in (except cheese). Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve and top with cheese.
I am in love with this Good Cook spoon rest! You can clip it directly on the side or if you need to put a top on your pot, clip it on the side. Genius!!
For this recipe I also use the Good Cook reversible spoon! I use creole seasoning in most dishes I make and this recipe calls for 1 teaspoon. What’s neat about this tool is it’s a space saver because it’s reversible so it’s the job of a multi measuring spoon but only takes the space of 1 spoon. You can measure 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp in this one spoon!
Here are some other Good Cook products you need to try out!
- SMART Ice cream scoop: MY kids know I am a normally use spoons for their ice cream and they never look to pretty so they were pretty stoked when I used the Good Cook SMART Ice cream scoop because it delivered perfectly rounded balls of ice cream. It’s basically how they have seen ice cream on TV and my status as a rock star raised in their eyes because I delivered this to them, haha!
- Flip Measuring spoon: If you saw my post from the other day about my messy kitchen drawer, you understand my need for space saving kitchen tools and I love this compact measuring spoon does the job of a normal 4 spoon measuring tool.
- Safe-cut Can Opener: I have kids in my house that like to help me cook but I never let them use my can openers because they leave such a sharp edge on the can and I am afraid someone will get hurt. With the Safe-cut can opener, that worry is eliminated because this can opener slices the can open UNDER the rim, leaving a nice soft edge. It also can open bottle caps or pull tab tops.
- Egg Separator: I eat an egg white omelet almost every morning but separating the eggs is such a pain but this egg separator makes it so easy! Plus I love that it’s dish washer safe!
- Pot Clip Holder: This might be my new favorite kitchen tool! My mother in a law and I were just talking about how it’s hard to find a place for your spoon especially while cooking raw meat because whatever surface it touches, you will have to clean. With this pot clip holder, you can just clip this onto the side of the pot or pan and there is no need for a spoon rest! I am sending her one ASAP!
- Twister Ice Cream Scoop: I told my husband the other day I got an auger int he mail…turns out it’s the Twister Ice cream scoop that has auger type tendeniuces and can cut through the toughest of hard ice cream! Women need power tools too when it comes to serious issues like hard ice cream! But seriously I hate having to let my ice cream sit on the counter for 30 minutes just so I can dig into it. This scooper can scoop even the hardest ice cream.
Here is the finished product. Even my kids went back for more!
And don’t forget about the HUGE Good Cook giveaway starting soon!
Starting June 2, 2014 and going through July 14, 2014, Good Cook is launching a HUGE giveaway and my blog is going to participate! They sent me some awesome good cook gadgets that I get to try out and make a recipe with. But even better than that, you have a chance to win LOTS Of Good Cook Goodies!
What is the Build Your Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes?
You can build your ideal Kitchen Drawer filled with great Good Cook tools and gadgets. You should visit goodcook.comnofollow and choose up to 15 items from selected Good Cook products to create your ideal kitchen drawer then enter to win everything you selected. If you can’t decide what you want, you can let our Kitchen Experts help – simply choose one of their featured Kitchen Expert Blogger drawers and enter it for a chance to win.
Win more kitchen items from Good Cook!
Readers can participate in their first 5-day product giveaway on Facebook starting June 2 – June 7 and win selected products you can add to their drawer. Also, there will be Instant winners! Every drawer entered has a chance to win an instant prize, and participants can submit a new drawer every day for a chance to win. Just look for the “ADD ME” icon below on any participating product and add that item to their drawer. And don’t worry, I will remind you about this contest when it gets closer! Good luck and let me know if you win! And if your kitchen drawer looks ANYTHING like mine, you NEED this giveaway in your life! I am doing an extreme makeover to my kitchen drawer so stay tuned!