If you watched me on Colorado’s Best this morning, these are the foods that were featured including lots of yumminess with Parrano cheese! These dishes will be perfect for your upcoming Halloween or Fall parties!
If you want to find where you can buy some Parrano cheese, go here!
Recipe: Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- 2- 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 12 Doritos, original flavor, crushed
- 1 stem of a bell pepper
- Black bean chips, crackers or crudité, for serving
- Put the cream cheese, Cheddar, onions, salsa, cumin and jalapeno into the bowl of a mixer, and blend thoroughly. Form into a pumpkin-like shape, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the crushed Doritos. Arrange the cheese ball on a plate, and press the bell pepper stem into the top – it should like a mini pumpkin stem.
Recipe: Cheesy Broomsticks
- All-Natural pretzel sticks
- Parrano cheese
- Baker’s twine or strips of dry corn husks.
- Lay a piece of baker’s twine, add a few Parrano cheese pieces and a pretzel stick.
- Add a few more shredded Parrano cheese strips to cover the pretzel stick.
- Grab the two ends of twine and make a knot.
- Tip: I prefer to shred my own cheese as the strips come out longer and a little thicker than the all-ready shredded cheeses sold in stores.
Recipe: Jack-O-Lantern Burgers
Cut eyes, nose and mouth out of each cheese slice to create a jack-o’-lantern. Place cheese on burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Serve on buns.
Recipe: Mummy Quesadillas
- 2 tortillas per mummy
- fillings – shredded parrano cheese, veggies of choice
- 2 jumbo candy eyes
- For each mummy, you’ll need one whole tortilla and the other one cut into strips.
- Top the whole tortilla with your fillings.
- Criss-cross the cut tortilla strips to create your mummy
- Add the eyes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and the cheese is melted and fillings are heated through, 6-10 minutes.
Cheese Plate Tips
The Parrano provides a nutty base that holds this dish together and compliments the bold flavors of pizza sauce, peppers and olives.
Using new, different, or gourmet ingredients can be a great way to elevate favorite recipes. When looking for recipes, a great rule of thumb is to choose a dish that you already enjoy but incorporates new elements or ingredients you wouldn’t typically think of.
Variety of the spice of life:
- Cheese boards should include a firm cheese, a soft cheese, a fresh cheese and a blue cheese
- Look for cheeses with different tastes as well as texture
Lay the right foundation:
- Your cheese board can set the tone from fun to serious.
- Arrange your cheese starting with the soft or fresh cheeses and progressing to the stronger cheeses such as the blue cheese.
Keep good company:
- Parrano pairs well with foods that pack a flavorful punch such as spiced nuts, balsamic vinegar and cured meats.
Pick the right tools:
- Each cheese should have its own knife, you don’t want to mix flavors.
- Label your cheeses so your guests know what they are trying.
- Remember: take cheese out of the fridge at least one hour beforehand. Serving at room temperature is best.
Parrano® artfully captures two of the world’s best-known cheeses, Parmigiano-Reggiano® and Gouda, to create a truly unique cheese. Its five-month aging time produces a full-flavored cheese with the nutty, buttery characteristics of a Parmigiano-Reggiano and the smooth, creamy texture of a young Gouda making it pleasing for any palate. Parrano’s ability to slice, grate, shred and melt helps to elevate everyday meals. Parrano is highly regarded by the industry and was recently honored with high acclaim at the Superior Taste Awards 2013.