This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, inc., and it’s advertiser. All opinions are my own.
We have lived in the suburbs for the past 4 years and as much as I have enjoyed it, I am tired of being able to see into my neighbors living room! My boys need some room to run, and to breathe some free mountain air every morning. We are selling our house and what that means for a tired momma of 4 is my house needs to be within 10 minutes of clean at all times.
I don’t live in a spic and span house because everywhere you look there is a fire truck here or a Barbie doll there but in order to sell our house, things have to be clean and I mean really clean.
It gave me a small panic attack when I first starting thinking of it, but then I decided to make a plan!
Here are my tips to get your house show ready in under 10 minutes:
1. Keep your best cleaning products ready to go at any minute! If you don’t have good products on hand, people will be able to see those fingerprints on the windows or the dust on the furniture and it could put you out of receiving an offer. I love Windex® with Vinegar and Pledge® Multi-surface because they get my house to look show worthy in no time.
2. Get as much stuff OUT Of your house as possible. My dad showed up with his covered trailer and we took as much stuff as possible out of my house before we started showing it. You want your house to almost look like a model home…homey but not personal or cluttered. Plus when you get the last-minute call that someone wants to come see your house, you have less space to clean
3. Get your kids to help! I love getting my kiddos to help me clean and with 3 able-bodied young ones, they can do twice the job as I can alone. They love doing things like vacuuming and sweeping.
4. Deep clean before, spot clean after. Deep clean your house the week before you want to put it on the market. When it goes on the market, the only cleaning you will have to do will be light.
5. And finally, if you have a special piece of furniture or a focal point in your house, make it shine. My husband made me our kitchen table with 100-year-old wood his grandfather gave him. Anyone that comes in our house comments on how beautiful it is so I gave it a good wipe down with Pledge® before showing the house and it truly shined.
So do you really want to know how good these tips works?? We sold our house in 6 hours! I left to take my kids to school, after doing a quick 10 minute clean up and by the time I got home we already had an offer on our house! And take my advice…we have looked at hundreds of homes while searching for a house to buy and we still talk about the house who left dirty dishes in the sink and looked like they hadn’t cleaned for WEEKS!
A quick clean can really go a long way and using good products to help make your house shine can help you sell your house even faster.
PLUS these products are going to be a part of the upcoming Mega Event at Kroger and affiliate stores! I shop at King Soopers because that is the Kroger brand store in Colorado but all Kroger stores will have the Mega Event coming up! Kroger Affiliates Include Baker’s Supermarkets, City Market, Dillons Food Stores, Fry’s Food And Drug, Gerbes Super Markets, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, Owen’s, Pay Less Super Markets, QFC, Ralphs, Scott’s, Smith’s, Fred Meyer, and Food 4 Less.
The Windex® products are included in the Mega Event, buy 4 – Save $4 sale. Mega Events are my favorite sale to shop so I cannot wait! The Mega Event for Windex® is 11/3-11/15 and the deal for Pledge® is 11/10-12/27.