My dad loves strawberry cake! The recipe he remembers was made from a lady from our church back in Lousiana and we don’t have that recipe. So I have spent the last couple of years trying to recreate it and I think I finally did it!
This cake is moist, fresh and seriously delicious. My husband who is on a health kick and not eating sugar or flour, ate 2 pieces and wanted a 3rd but I had to cut him off to save him from himself, it was that good!
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup crushed strawberries (buy 1 pint for whole recipe)
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces powered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- milk to consistency
- rest of strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 round pans or 1 13X9 in pan.
- Cut up 75% of the pint of strawberries.
- Place them in a bag and crush them.
- In a bowl, put in cake mix, eggs, oil, and water.
- Mix until combined. Add crushed strawberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling melt the butter in a bowl.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and beat in a mixer.
- Add powered sugar and vanilla.
- Start adding milk until you get the right consistency. You want it a little thick since you will add the rest of the strawberries.
- Cut up the remaining 25% of the strawberries and add to icing. You want them to be small pieces.
- Once the cake is cool, ice the cake.
Here is all you need to make the best ever strawberry cake. Everyone who has eaten this cake raves about it…you’re welcome.
Pour the cake mix, 4 eggs, 1 cup oil, and 1/4 cup water in bowl and mix until combined.
Cut up the 75% of the pint of strawberries then place them in a baggie.
Grab anything sturdy and start going to town on these babies. Smush them up until they are crushed.
Add the strawberries to the cake mix and stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
While the cakes are cooling, you can start making the icing. Melt 1 stick butter, and add to mixer. Beat the butter and 1 stick cream cheese together.
Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 box powdered sugar. Add milk until the consistency is right.
Crush up rest of strawberries in a food processor but do not over mix or it will turn to liquid.
Add strawberries to icing and ice the cakes once they are cool.