My kids and I had the best day baking yesterday and we came up with a pretty spectacular St. Patricks day treat!
These Pot of Gold cupcakes will not only steal the show but they are super easy to make!
All you need is a cake mix, the ingredients to bake it, gold sprinkles, green icing and little shamrock toppers (I got mine at Micheal’s).
- Chocolate Box cake mix.
- Gold sprinkles.
- Can of green icing.
- Mix the cake according to the instructions.
- Put cupcake liners in cupcake pan and spray them with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter halfway up in each cupcake cup.
- Put a small amount of gold sprinkles in the middle of each cupcake and bake according to the instructions.
- Let cool.
- Once they are cool, most of the sprinkles will have melted but it made a little indentation in each cupcake so fill that with more sprinkles!
- Top with green icing! I used a can that had a piping tip on the top.
- When you cut into these beauties, the gold will fall out!
Mix the chocolate cake mix according to the package. Put cupcake liners in cupcakes pan and spray with pan. This will make the cupcakes come out of the liners easy.
Fill the cups halfway full.
Top with the gold sugar but only in the middle. This will cause the middle to sink a little so you can top it with more sugar once they are done otherwise the tops will rise too much. Do not put batter on top of this sugar!
Bake according to the package, then let cool. Once they are cool, top with more gold sugar. The sugar that was in the middle while baking will be melted a little and this extra sugar will help in the “Fall-out Effect” of the gold once you cut or bite into the cupcakes. Top with icing and shamrocks toppers!