*I was sent some Wild Oats organic products free of charge but all opinions are my own.
I love a good Shepherd’s pie but since I live in Colorado, which is arguably one of the healthiest states in the US, I decided to class this recipe up a notch with some Wild Oats organic products. Wild Oats organic products are a line of affordable organic products that you can purchase at Walmart.
Wild Oats challenged me to come up with a yummy summer recipe and I think you are going to like it!
- 5-6 Potatoes
- 1 jar Wild Oats pasta sauce
- 1 can Wild Oats green peas
- Half of a large yellow onion
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1 cup diced carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Wild Oats garlic powder
- ½ tsp Wild Oats oregano
- Boil your potatoes until soft.
- While those are boiling, brown one package of ground turkey.
- Once that is brown, throw in chopped onions and diced carrots and cook until translucent.
- Add peas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix potatoes in a mixer and add 2-4T butter. Add salt and pepper. Add milk until consistency.
- Bake at 350 degreed for 10-15 minutes.
First brown your ground turkey. While that is browning, boil your potatoes.
While your turkey is browning, make sure and season it with your favorite seasonings. I used some Wild Oats oregano along with some of my Cajun seasonings.
Once the turkey is brown, throw in cut-up onions. Cook until translucent.
Add Wild Oats Sweet Peas, 1 cup of Wild Oats Pasta Sauce.
While I was at Walmart today I snapped a picture of the sauce I used since I forgot to take a picture of it while I was cooking. Can you believe the price on this for ORGANIC pasta sauce? I will buy this all day long for this price. It’s with the regular pasta sauce if you’re out looking for it.
Once the potatoes are done, put them in a mixer and add 2-4 T of butter. Season with salt and pepper and add enough milk until a good consistency.
Pour the meat mixture into a dish and top with mashed potatoes. Cook at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Wild Oats has some yummy recipes posted on their Instagram so follow them here.
I also made a pea salad using the Wild Oats Organic Sweet Peas but it’s a secret family recipe I will have to keep close to the vest for now. If you’re wanting to go organic, check out the Wild Oats products at Walmart. Not only are they delicious but they are also affordable.