This post is an entry into the Golden Girl Granola Blogger challenge and I was given a free bag of granola for this recipe.
Last year I participated in the Golden Girl Granola recipe challenge and couldn’t wait to enter again this year! Not only is their granola yummy but I knew this recipe would knock their socks off. Golden Girl Granola began by making small batches of granola and selling it at their local farmers market which I can appreciate since we have been working our local farmers market this summer.
A little about their granola from their website:
– is whole-grain and healthful
– uses the finest, all-natural ingredients
– is locally-produced, with locally-sourced ingredients, whenever possible
– is wheat-free, and is produced in a gluten-free kitchen
– is non-GMO
– is hand-crafted in small, artisan batches with the utmost care
– is beyond delicious!
These easy granola lemon squares start off with one of my favorite recipes. The oatmeal square base is so good, it tastes like one giant cookie! Then top that with some lemon-y goodness and powdered sugar and throw in some blueberries and you got yourself a tasty treat.
- Bottom layer:
- 2½ c. golden girl bluesberry granola
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. veg. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Top layer:
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 eggs
- juice of 2 lemons
- Mix together bottom layer and spread evenly in a greased 13x9 pan.Mix together top layer and pour over bottom layer.
- Bake 350* for 30 minutes or until top is brown.
- Top with powdered sugar and blueberries.
First you need some Golden Girl Granola in Bluesberry. This is delicous on it’s own but put into this recipe, it kicks it up a notch.
Then you need to grab all the ingredients for the granola base and throw it into a big bowl and mix. Then spread it into a 13X9 greased pan.
Next stir together all the ingredients for the lemon layer in a bowl and pour over the oatmeal base.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is light brown.
Cover with powdered sugar and fresh blueberries and cut into squares.
This recipe is really easy to put together and you can have it in the oven in under 10 minutes.
To learn more about Golden Girl Granola, check out GoldenGirlGranola.com.