Someone hold me back, I just whipped up this butternut squash recipe and it is delish. We are trying to eat more veggies in our house and this plate has all the right colors! I also roasted some purple cauliflower to go with this dish but it’s a free radical fighting super food that I can’t get enough of.
Check out the recipe below. It took me less than 30 minutes to make. I did not add any salt or pepper because my sodium was high the last time I had a blood test but feel free to add it!
The addition of the parmesan cheese really made it taste like alfredo and you don’t feel heavy ad bloated after eating this because it’s so clean. I used egg noodles since we are gluten-free but you can serve this with any noodles. Fettuccine noodles would be best if you don’t use egg noodles.
- 1 large butternut squash or 3 small ones
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- noodles of your choice (I used egg noodles)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup water
- cilantro *optional
- Peel your squash and cut into small squares.
- Boil a pot of water and boil squash until tender.
- Once it's cooked, puree squash and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- In a small saucepan pour in squash puree, water cheese and salt and pepper.
- If your sauce is to thick, add more water. Cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Serve over noodles.
- You can also garnish with cilantro.