I am a part of the Golden Girl Granola blogger recipe challenge and was given a free bag of granola.
This year marks the 3rd year of being a part of the Golden Girl Granola blogger recipe contest! This year I am entering with guns a blazing and think I came up with a pretty fantastic recipe. I took one of my favorite meatball recipes and spiced it up a little and made sock your socks off appetizer.
For my entry, I used Truly Tropical Golden Girl Granola and made Spaghetti on a stock with Tropical Meatballs. And fair warning, when you guy this granola, hide it before you make this recipe or it will be gone, it’s that good!
My sweet June, our standard poodle, loves to sit in the kitchen while I cook and she was staring down the granola the whole time!
This Spaghetti on a stick is the perfect one bite appetizer your family will go wild over. These meatballs are so tender they melt in your mouth.
- 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef (or ground elk)
- ¾ cups Golden Girl Granola Truly Tropical granola
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- ground pepper to taste
- For sauce:
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 4 Tablespoons Onion
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 dash Tabasco
- For spaghetti:
- spaghetti noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the granola in a blender and chop roughly.
- Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place in freezer for five minutes.
- Remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in flour.
- Brown meatballs in cooking oil until just brown. I browned mine in a cast iron skillet. Then place into a baking dish.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- For the spaghetti on a stick, cook some spaghetti noodles according to the package. Once they are done put a skewer in the meatballs and wrap some spaghetti around the sticks. When they are just done cooking they are a little sticky and will stick better to the stock. Serve and enjoy!
First grind up 3/4 cup of the Truly Tropical granola. Then add all meatball ingredients into a bowl and combine. Try to handle it as little as possible. You don’t want to overwork your meatballs.
Next, using a cookie scoop or your trusty hands, form into balls on a cookie sheet and put into the freezer for 5 minutes.
Take the meatballs out of the freezer and dredge in flour the cook in a cast iron skillet until brown. It takes just a couple of minutes on each side. They do not need to be cooked all the way through because they will cook in the oven later.
Cook the meatballs in batches and put them into a cooking dish when done. Combine all ingredients for the sauce and pour on top of the meatballs and cook for 45 minutes. This sauce is so good you will want to drink it…not that I have ever tried that 😉
For the spaghetti on a stick, cook some spaghetti noodles according to the package. Once they are done put a skewer in the meatballs and wrap some spaghetti around the sticks. When they are just done cooking they are a little sticky and will stick better to the stock. Serve and enjoy!