This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Every summer we make a trek back to our hometown in Louisiana and it’s a grueling 17 hour one day drive and I can’t tell you how many snacks we go through with 4 kids. This year I made it my mission to only pack real food snacks for my kids. I stocked up on snacks at my local King Soopers before we left on our trip. My first stop was the cracker aisle to find some GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato.
GOOD THiNS start with real ingredients (like wheat, potato and rice), combined with enticing flavors (like garlic, spinach and sweet potato) and baked thin and crispy without any artificial flavors, colors, cholesterol, partially hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
I found my GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato at my local King Soopers. Find your local Kroger/Kroger Family of Stores to get your GOOD THiNS here!
A few years back, on our road trip to Louisiana, I gave each of my kids $20 to spend on snacks so every time we stopped for gas, they could buy something with their money. While this taught them a great lesson about money and how to budget their money for the entire trip, all they bought was candy and junk food.
And I don’t know about you but trying to argue with 4 kids in a gas station about their food choices is not one of my favorite things to go. Those stinkers gang up on me and it’s always a losing battle.
Fast forward to this year and check out my idea for packing real food snacks for a road trip! Besides all the snacks, you will also need a tackle box to hold all the snacks. My kids loved this idea because they all had their own boxes so they didn’t have to worry about someone eating all their snacks.
8 Real Food Road Trip snacks:
- GOOD THiNS- The Potato One- Sweet Potato: Sweet Potato GOOD THiNS are made with real sweet potatoes and has 60% less fat than the leading regular fried potato chip. Score!
- GOOD THiNS- The Beet One- Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt: A baked snack with a delicious tangy twist. Root for the Beet! Flavored with balsamic vinegar and sea salt.
- Beef Jerky: Make sure and get the kind with no nitrates and one that is all natural.
- Puff rice and corn snacks: These can get messy so make sure and put them in a plastic bag. These are baked and not fried so better for you.
- Fruit and Veggie strips: I know you have seen fruit strips but I just found some fruit strips that also have veggies in them. A great way to get your kids to eat veggies and they won’t even notice!
- Crisp dried apples: I cannot get enough of these! They are dried apples that taste almost like a marshmallow!
- Vanilla almond butter packs: Be on the lookout for almond butter in one serving packs. My kids favorite is the vanilla almond butter.
- Snack bars: While you are at King Soopers, go to the cereal aisle and look at all the protein/snack bars. They have tons to choose from. For my kids, I like the ones with the least ingredients.
And one more to put on your list is the GOOD THiNS- The Wheat One- Ancient Grains. They must be good because my store was sold out! Rediscover wheat with ancient grains like quinoa, amaranth & millet. Baked deliciously thin & crispy. Plus they are made with 100% whole grain wheat.
By just planning ahead a little, you can set up your kids for snack success for your next road trip! What is your favorite real food snack?!