I am a Southern Kitchen ambassador and this is a sponsored post by Southern Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
I am pretty much on cloud nine after being made a Southern Kitchen.com. I am originally from the south and southern food is a passion of mine. I love how food can bring friends and family together. Where I come from, when you are invited over to someone, you don’t ask what time to come over, you ask what to bring. Southern hospitality is alive and well and I want to spread that generosity everywhere!
So next time you are thinking of having some people over, add more. People aren’t worried about how clean your house is, if they have a full belly of good food, not much else matters 😉 So when your thinking of what desert to make for your next party, check out this Caramel brownie pie. It’s so easy but super delicious.
For this post, I got to pick out a pie plate on SouthernKitchen.com and I chose the Staub ceramics 9″ pie dish. It’s pretty amazing. I thought it cooked the pie beautifully.
- 1 boxed brownie mix
- 1 can Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche
- 1 bottle of heavy whipping cream
- crushed pecans
- 6-8 T powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a Southern Kitchen Stuab pie plate, and put your pie crust in it.
- Poke the bottom all over with a fork.
- Cook the pie crust until lightly brown, around 9-10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and turn the oven to whatever the box brownie mix calls for.
- Mix up the brownies and enough brownie mix to make the pie plate half full.
- Cook according to the directions and let cool.
- While that is cooking, make your whip cream.
- Beat whip cream, vanilla and powedered sugar on hight until thick, Around 5 minutes.
- Once the pie is cool, open the can of ducle de leche, and pour on top of brownie. If it's to thick, microwave it for a few seconds then spread on top.
- Add whip cream on top and add chopped pecans.
First grease your pie plate and put the pie crust in it and bake at 450 for 9-10 minutes or until lightly brownie.
Mix your brownie mix together according to the box and pour enough to fill half of the pie plate.
Bake according to the package then let cool completely.
Top with the caramel.
Add the whip cream on top, then add some pecans. You can either put a little whip cream on the sides or if you enjoy your whip cream with a little pie like I do, spread it on the entire top of the pie.
Plus my readers can use coupon code WELCOME10 ($10 off first purchase over $50). So before the holiday shopping rush, gets you down, order yourself or someone you love something from SouthernKitchen.com.
Sign up for Southern Kitchen’s emails (to receive special deals, recipes, entertaining tips from Southern Kitchen). Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/cAXkwX