Day 2 of Craft-Mas:
Day 2 of Craft-Mas we made snowman donuts! I will say, I used some organic chocolate chips not realizing how huge they were so it looks like the snowman had some work done on his face 😉 So you can use regular chocolate chips or mini ones if you don’t want their eyes and mouth so big.
After cooking these and assembling them, I added a little powdered sugar for a snowy effect. The kids loved them! Plus this is a fun thing you can get the kids to make with you because they don’t have to be perfect since your going to eat them anyway.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can use milk but the buttermilk tastes better)
- 2 TBS cooking oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- powdered donuts
- candy corn (or orange m&m's for for the nose)
- mini chocolate chips
- Mix the pancake ingredients together and cook in a nonstick pan. I use a little oil in my pan, Heated on medium then slowly add the pancake batter, and cook until brown on both sides.
- I made medium size pancakes then cut them with a biscuit cutter to make perfect circles.
- Use a powdered donut for the head. Use candy corn or orange m&m's for the nose and mini chocolate chips for the mouth, eyes and buttons.
- Cook your bacon then make an "L" for the scarf.